A Holistic Doula is a birth worker with the skills to heal as well as nurture. She offers the light of wellness from a balanced physical, mental, emotional and spiritual point of view and gives the families she serves an unconditional touch of loving care that is needed for a peaceful and joyful reception of new life!
A Holistic Doula learns how to work in all types of settings: hospitals, birthing centers and in home births. Our primary textbook is Holistic Doula: A Complete Wellness Guide for Doula Care by K. Akua Gray. We also use a variety of Doula textbooks to enhance learning including The Doula Book by Klaus, Klaus and Kennell and The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin.
* Reproductive Anatomy
* Pregnancy Physiology
* Labor and Birth Medical Terminology
* History and Duties of the Labor and Postpartum Doula
* Compassion, Care and Cultural Awareness Skills
* 6 Holistic Therapies for Pregnancy and Birthing
* Maternal Social Services
* Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
* Prenatal Care Assistance
* Labor and Birth Assistance
* Birthing Ball and Rebozo Techniques
* Birthing Options
* The Role of the Father
* The Birth Plan
* Breastfeeding Support
* Infant Care including Baby Bonding Techniques
* The Doula Business
* Learn about the more than 20 types of Doula Professionals
* Learning for each module is enhanced with written assignments, reading summaries, practicals in wellness therapies, prenatal, birth and postpartum services.
Enjoy four days of multimedia experiences bring the doula profession to life in this easy learning atmosphere. The curriculum is identical to the in person classes and hands on learning assignments are given to online students for additional practice with your Holistic Doula Home Training Kit.
2021 Training Schedule
July 16-19 * Online
October 8-11 * Online
December 3-6 * Online
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!